Welcome to 6th grade Wheel: DRAMA CLASS!!!
My name is Ms. Mueller and I will be your teacher for the next nine weeks!
Do Now:
On the paper in front of you, please create a name tag to use for the next week or so. When you are done with your name tag, please take the second piece of paper and answer the following:
My name is:
I like to be called:
I like drama because:
I do not like drama because:
One thing you should know about me is:
Turn to your elbow partner and share your answers.
Review of the drama classroom rules:
DRAMA CLASSROOM RULES:
1. Demonstrate control of your body so no one gets hurt.
2. Raise your hand politely and wait to be called on by the teacher.
3. Always try your best!
4. Maintain concentration to stay on task.
5. Audience etiquette: watch, listen, learn, and show RESPECT!
IF YOU CHOOSE TO BREAK A RULE:
1. Warning.
2. Phone Call Home
3. Parent/Teacher conference and/or loss of class privileges
DRAMA CLASSROOM PROCEDURES:
Entering the classroom:
Enter SILENTLY! (Hold your questions until after class starts.)
Pick up your folder and go directly to your seat.
Copy objective, agenda, vocabulary and quote off the board.
When finished place your folder and pen or pencil neatly under your desk, remain silent and wait for further instructions.
If you have no available writing utensil you may borrow one from the teacher’s supply and return it promptly after you have finished.
Going to the restroom:
Please refer to restroom rules. We want to avoid interruptions during drama class.
When there is an announcement:
All talking STOPS – All movement STOPS! IMMEDIATELY!
When I need your attention:
5-4-3-2-1-STOP! Frozen, silent, and eyes on the teacher.
And a hush falls over the crowd: HUSSSSHHHHH
And my mike sounds like this: check one
And my mike sounds like this: check two
Exiting the classroom:
FREEZE! I will release you when all students are STILL and SILENT!
The bell does not release you - I DO!
NOW: WE PLAY A GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER GAME:
Circle of Names
MINGLE!
Rules: We will all sing the "mingle song" which I will demonstrate for you now. When I say "freeze" I will call out a group of people for you to stand with and pose a question. You must talk about the posed question until I say "unfreeze" at which time, we will start to "mingle" again.
End of Class: Shout outs and call outs and circle of energy!
No comments:
Post a Comment